CROWS IN THE ATTIC PRIMITIVES NEWSLETTER SIGN UP!!!!

Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Sunday, May 25, 2008

BIRDS ALONG THE SOUTH PLATTE RIVER..........





























We are so fortunate to have soooo many wonderful natural areas around us, within just a few minutes of our home. Today we took a stroll along the banks of the South Platte River as it runs through the South Platte Park, a natural area about the size of Central Park in NYC. There are several lakes and ponds in the park, all reclaimed from a gravel mining operation. This is a beautiful area, abundant with wildlife, and many opportunities for fishing, hiking, rafting, kayaking, biking, etc. Tonight I will share a few of the birds that we saw on our afternoon adventure!! Enjoy!!!

11 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

AWESOME pics of WONDERFUL birds..
sweet..thank you for sharing and being a nature friend..
Deena

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the pics of the birds, we don't see many like that aroung here, they are beautiful! I enjoyed the ladybug too!

Blessings,
Rondell

MJ Ornaments said...

Hi Trudy,
What an amazing variety of birds. Do you know the name of the yellow one? Have a great day. Martha

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Trudy,

Your photos of the birds are just beautiful! My mom and dad are really into bird watching. I don't know the names of all the ones you had on there, but I bet they would. I love the photography!

Also loved the ladybug. How cute!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

i love cranes they are my favorite bird! we have alot here as well!

Old World Primitives said...

You are lucky indeed to live so close to nature! I enjoyed your photos, especially the of the herons. I have to travel quite a distance to see them.

Johanna Parker said...

Oh my!... I've never seen some of these birds in Colorado! Lucky you..... Send them my way.. I have lots of birdseed in my backyard :)

~ Johanna

Cookie said...

You have such an eye for capturing pure beauty, Trudy - I should let you practice on me... I could become your biggest challenge lol

Seriously, I love these candid shots. You almost want to whisper so as not to disturb them!

x0

softinthehead said...

These are seriously beautiful Trudy. Have you ever thought of doing a coffee table book with all your wonderful images! They have such character! I would buy it! Pam

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Thanks to all of you ladies for visiting!! I love the birds, and could spend hours outdoors watching them. In my spare time (HA!!) I have thought about joining a bird group, so I could learn more about these great creatures. Martha, I believe the yellow one is a warbler. I am not the best at identification, but according to my bird books, that is the best match!! Thanks again for visiting!! Hugs, Trudy

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Thanks for visiting, Pam! Have not thought of a book, but notecards are in the thinking stages!! But......I have a mile long list of things I think about!! HA!! Hugs, Trudy