CROWS IN THE ATTIC PRIMITIVES NEWSLETTER SIGN UP!!!!

Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Friday, April 17, 2009

SPRING...NOT SPRING.....SPRING.....






Yes, that is the typical pattern here in the Front Range area.....where one day it is Spring weather, with everything in bloom, and the grass getting green....and then WHAM!! We get hit with one of these wonderful Spring Storms...so common here in Colorado. This morning here at 6,000 feet the snow has begun to accumulate, and the morning forecast was that the slow moving storm would bring us a BIG BUNCH of the wet and heavy stuff throughout the next 24-36 hours. I am delighted with this, since we have had very little snow this season, and I do love the snow!! I have shoveled twice already today, and it is only 10 a.m.!! Right now the problem is not the amount of snow....it's the slipping and sliding for travel and walking caused by the nice layer of ice under the snow...thanks to the steady rain we had all day yesterday and all night long. OUCH!! Enjoy the snow pics...and sorry there are no bird pictures. The neighborhood association made me take down my front tree bird feeders.....yes....true. I am only allowed feeders, a total of TWO, in my back yard....hmmm......guess we shan't eat in the front yards here......

2 comments:

Jenny Carter said...

It is mostly wet down here. I doubt the entire 4 inches or 8 inches whatever sticks, though. Looks pretty but my trees are done. they wont bloom this year, I don't think!

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Yes, very sad about all the blooms that we have lost due to this and the previous Spring snow. It's wild up here!!! Coming down like crazy....but can't really tell the amount, since it is soooo heavy, it has compacted big time!!