CROWS IN THE ATTIC PRIMITIVES NEWSLETTER SIGN UP!!!!

Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Monday, May 11, 2009

SNOW ON MOTHER'S DAY....GO, NUGGETS, ONE MORE TIME!!!!!





























Well, Mother's Day 2009 has come and gone, and game 3 in the NBA playoffs between the Denver Nuggets and the Dallas Mavericks has come and gone....and now there's game 4 tonight!! We'll see if the Nuggets can finish off the series, or if they will chose to finalize things here at home in game 5. I have a feeling they would just as soon finish this series off tonight....... I hope that everyone, moms and not moms, had a great day yesterday on Mother's Day! It was a less than perfect weather day here in the foothills of the Rockies......and as we drove up on I-70, the snow began, and the temps in the upper 40's dropped to as low as 34!! I had requested to eat breakfast at one of my favorite spots ~~ The Happy Cooker in Georgetown, CO. From there we headed on up toward the Divide, with the weather worsening as we climbed in elevation. I wanted to go to Leadville, and stop at The Ugly Cookie Company for cookies and coffee! Well, wouldn't you know......no ugly cookies on Mother's Day!! Closed for repairs. So I had to settle for pie and coffee at Jan's in Buena Vista!! Before reaching Buena Vista, the temps rose to 68, the sun was out fully, with only a minimal amount of clouds in the sky. It was gorgeous!! But......once again we entered the clouds, literally driving in the clouds, before returning home. I hope you will enjoy the snow pics!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Pictures! Great game last night! Glad "we" pulled it out but sad to say i think YOU all will win on Wednesday. See ya soon at AB4B
hugs
sandi

Cathy said...

Hi Trudy,

The snow just seems a faraway dream to us in the UK now. We are slap bang in the middle of a mild spring. Love your photos though and you do seem to have some weather extremes where you are. Those ugly cookies sounded good.

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog looking at Lemon Poppyseeds just now so I popped on over as I saw the "Go Nuggets..." title. Wondering where you were from, then I saw the pictures, before reading the post and thought "OMG, that looks like Georgetown!" I just looked and looked.... I went to go take a peek at your profile to see if it menations where you are from, but I didn't make it that far! I saw the word Georgetown. Still don't know where you are from, but came to comment anyway. You mad my day with the pictures on your blog. DH and I wish we were back in Georgetown. Love it, and Idaho Springs and Empire. So, hello from a prior Coloradoan who wishes she were still there. Now I am off to go actually read the post of yours.

Jody

visionquest2020@msn.com

Becky said...

WOW..these are some awesome pics :) I LOVE snow :)