CROWS IN THE ATTIC PRIMITIVES NEWSLETTER SIGN UP!!!!

Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Monday, March 24, 2008

I'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!!!! HOW THE BUSINESS NAME CAME TO BE.........


I was tagged by Donna of Moonchild's Primitives to play this fun game of "How Did You Get Your Business Name"!!! How fun!! But....sorry to say.....I don't have much of an exciting story to share, but here is the story of how Crows in the Attic Primitives came to be named!!

I already had taken the business name Annabelle's Attic for my raggedies and such, supplies for doll making, etc. When I decided to begin selling my more primitive items, I thought....hmmmm.....I want something with Crows in the name. So I made a list, did an internet search to see what was already being used, and came up with two things that stuck with me....crows....and attic....and that's the story!! Pretty sad, huh??!?!!!!!

I wish it was more of an adventure....a fantasy....a really cool story....such as: Once upon a time, a very long time ago, when I was a little curious child, I came upon an old, broken down, abandoned house. I could not stay away. The house just tugged and pulled at my curiosity, until one day I gained the courage to venture in. I heard the soft call of the crow, and it seemed to be coming from the attic. Although the stairway was very decayed and unstable, something made me take the risk of venturing up the stairs to see what was going on with the crow up there. When I got to the top of the stairs, and saw the beam of sunlight shining in through the broken roof, there it was.....a HUGE nest of crows, with the elegant mother and father standing by to protect the young.......or something like that!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! No such story!!!! Oh well!!

I now would like to pass this award on to my friends in blogland to share their stories of how they got their business name!! I award:




Cathy of Hazelruthe's



I can't wait to hear their stories!!! Thank you again to Donna, Moonchild's Primitives, for tagging me!!! Hugs to all, Trudy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Trudy! My story is even more cut and dried. What do y'all make , well let's see we make Bowls-n-Annies. See it couldn't been any easier! LOL!

~Tonya said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Trudy.

I hope you an your family had a Most Joyous Easter day as well.

Thank you for the tag...I will post it in a couple of days (I have LOTS to catch up on)...but really no story, only a name :)

Blessings,
~Tonya

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Thanks, girls, for coming to visit!! Have fun playing the game with us!! Hugs, Trudy

reneetousignant said...

YOUR TOO FUNNY MISS TRUDY! HA!
Thank you once again for choosing me. Maybe one of these days I will RESPOND!! HA!

Johanna Parker said...

Hahaha! I like your imaginary story Trudy!... It works for me :) Happy creative week to you....

~ Johanna

MJ Ornaments said...

I loved your crow story. Sometimes I imagine some pretty amazing things when I'm making goodies. Like, I'm on a pirate ship and I'm creating charms out of priceless gems and diamonds, and the captain is playing his harpsichord next door. Keep up your great stories! ~Martha

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Thank you, ladies, for stopping by to say hello!! I'm glad to hear that someone enjoyed my bit of make-believe!! HA!! Sometimes my fantasy world is far more exciting and adventure-filled than my reality world!! What a great thing the imagination can be!! Hugs to all, Trudy