CROWS IN THE ATTIC PRIMITIVES NEWSLETTER SIGN UP!!!!

Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Meet Mr. Owl!!











This morning the crows were going crazy. Normally I see only a pair or two around here, but this morning.....there was a crow convention. There were as many as a dozen gathered in a nearby tree, creating quite a stir. I watched them for a long time, taking a zillions shots of them. Suddenly I realized the reason for all the noise!!! AN OWL!!!! I have seen an owl on the fence a couple of times, and wonder now is this might be the same one!!? I am hoping that I now have a resident owl!!! YES!! Here are just a few of the owl pics, and I will save the crow shots for another post. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

How lovely to see an owl like this. We rarely see owls in the daylight in the UK. We have a lovely tawny who calls near my home at night sometimes but he is never seen. Crows obviously don't like owls. Perhaps they eat their eggs.

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Hi, Cathy! I have not yet figured out the issues....but they continue. When the owl is around...the crows gather and create quite a stir!! Fun to watch, but somewhat disconcerting to hear at times!! And....this owl screeches in a very unsettling manner!!!!! Thanks for visiting!!! Trudy

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

You are one lucky girl Trudy!
Last weekend we were driving through the reservation and I was sure I spotted my very first EVER owl. We turned around, as soon as we pulled over he flew off so I will never know if he was an owl or not!