CROWS IN THE ATTIC PRIMITIVES NEWSLETTER SIGN UP!!!!

Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Monday, February 4, 2008

MAKING PROGRESS...........




I will be the first to admit that I have the terrible habit of starting, but not quickly finishing my creations.....and I love the beginning stages of the dolly process -- the creating, the sewing, cutting, stuffing, doing the faces....and then.................not sure what happens!!!

I think what happens is that by then I am on to more new ideas, or trying out someone else's newest design, or something else has popped into my life to cause a distraction!! But....I have been working on getting some of these many, many gals dressed!!! YES!!! DRESSED!!!! There are several getting close to completion, but two have actually been finished, and I would like to introduce them to you!!

The tiniest one is a design of my own, and is an itsy bitsy girl of 9"!! Zenobia Rosebud is made from muslin, has been stained, baked, and sanded for the primitive, time worn look!! She is dressed in her 100% cotton rosebud print dress, trimmed in vintage rick rack and a teensy button, and wears red and white floral print 'loons!! You will love her wild crochet cotton hair!! Her face is all stitched, with tiny black button eyes. She has painted raggedy stockings, and black shoes, too!! If you would like to give this little gal a warm and cozy home, she will be shipped off to you by Priority Mail to USA homes for just $22.00!!!!

The bigger raggedy is made from a design by De of Bowls-n-Annies, but she doesn't look at all like the doll on De's pattern cover!! She's made from the Fun Girl pattern, and although De says this is a 17" dollie....mine is just under 16" big!! I really LOVE how she turned out, and almost can't part with her!! She is also made from muslin and processed for the primitive look. She's wearing her cool 100% cotton dress and matching 'loons, has her painted raggedy stockings and shoes, and looks ready to have a fun day!! Her face is stitched, her eyes are black buttons, and wonderful wool hair is stitched onto her great raggedy noggin!! She, too, is looking for a home, and could become quite comfy in yours for just $38, shipped to you in the USA by Priority Mail!!

Thank you so much for stopping by!! I promise...more of those babies awaiting their day for being blessed with a wardrobe is closer than you think!!! heheheheheeeee!!!! Prim Hugs, Trudy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well FINALLY, the moment I have been longing for! LOL! That is two of the cutest raggedy noggins I have ever seen! I named "Fun Girl" after me, you see, I am the most fun girl you will ever meet! You sound like a fun girl too Miss Trudy, it may be a good thing we don't live very close to each other! T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Cookie said...

these are just as sweet as can be - and I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone in the dropsy dept. I have 3 dollies that are currently stumps... one has arms - and all 3 have faces but they just sit there looking at me, waiting to get finished and become mobile :)
Thanks for making me feel better, Trudy!

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Well, De...you are probably absolutely correct!! It would be major trouble if we lived closer to one another!! HA!! Watch out!!! Trudy

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Hi, Cookie!! Procrastination is my REAL name!! My husband loves all the miscellaneous body parts we have here!! HA!! He has written parts of a song, that sounds like a murder has taken place!! HEEEHHEEHHEEE!!!! Thanks again for stopping by!! Hugs, Trudy